Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 27, 2012

Just read the bible, do it

This week I feel like we are in a nice grove with this deployment.  God has filled my days with the laughter of children and my evenings with creativity and growth.  Shawn is "board" in a war zone...and I am fine with that! We miss each other like crazy, but every day down is another day closer to home coming and a day that I know I am doing God's will.  That is what is on my mind right now.   March 20 th of 2011 I felt God pull on my heart in a way I never thought was possible, since then I have tried to live a Christian life and search for that pure joy sensation in my soul again. This deployment and the recent deaths in my family have been a true test for me.  Not every day has been a success, some tests God gives me I fall flat on my face.  But with each failure and each success I get closer to knowing and living God's will and feeling God's joy forever.  Something extremely important that has recently been beaten into my mind is ....you must read the Bible! Read the Bible, read it read it read it.  In a year a half that I have truely felt like a Christian I have not read much of the Bible.  I have listened to Christian music, Christian books, worn a cross around my neck, but my bibles (multiple) sit mostly untouched.  I enjoy using the excuses that I am dyslexic, reading is very hard and over whelming for me...so Jen listen to it on audio....I have multiple versions of audio bibles too.  Without that very necessary step my relation with Jesus just was not forming.  I began to convince myself God was so forgiving and fluffy that I was good just trying to be a good person.  And God is forgiving and loves us unconditionally, but there is more and He is all mighty, there is no reason or excuses to not read the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment