Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brownies and Cookies

I just spent 6 ridiculous hours baking Shawn a double batch of cookies and two batches of brownies, because he said "since you can't send real chocolate how about some in homemade cookie and brownie form." Was that him saying "please drop everything and make me brownies and cookies while ignoring the rest of the world to prove how much you love and miss me" ? Nope...but I did. I did not even let the kids help...they would have loved to make cookies for Daddy. I am not sure what to say to defend myself.  At about 10:30 pm it hit me that this is a silly way to do this, and I got annoyed with myself every time I put a cookie sheet in the oven.  God bless my mom who sat 10 feet from me all evening, she never once asked me "what the hell are you doing, don't you have stuff that needs done?" My mom let me destroy her kitchen and make extra noise during her only relax time and while she took care of the baby.  She understood that there was something in me that needed to do this tonight, for him.  Even though the basement is a mess and I need to finish Johnny's first day of school sweater, make an oil change appointment and fix the sliding door on my van, did I do that...nope I made cookies.  I miss my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment