Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Last minute

We have been feeling the separation very acutely this past week. Shawn sees families out and about and misses his kids, his heart breaks to hear of what he is missing, Johnny tries to write Daddy a letter from his video game, Lily jumps when she hears any one call out Daddy. And me, I have been sad, lonely and hopeless. The weight of the impending ship out date has been pulling all of us down and making life hard to enjoy.

 Last night I broke and began to plan a trip to see Shawn the next day. I was done being apart and he had a long week end, so I decided we needed a family vacation to Daddy. Daddy did not see it the way that I did. He was not prepared and was scared of how much it would hurt all of us to say good bye again. So I dropped the plans and attempted to settle into this life without stopping.  I cried a lot.

This morning things changed. I told Shawn this story.
Lily and I went to the local Army clinic for an allergy appointment, Shawn used to to work at this clinic. As Lily and I are crossing the street she sees a tall man in a uniform, he waves to us and walks towards us. Lily nearly leaps out of the stroller yelling "Daddy Daddy Daddy" she was so excited and I must calm her down as my own hearts aches and tears run down my face.

 When I told Shawn this story he says "if you think it will help he kids, come out here." my heart jumped and raced and I nearly giggled. We talked for a long while about what is best for he kids. They said good bye once, is it cruel to ask them to say good bye again? Or do they need to be shown that Daddy is still around and okay and have a few more days him?
 We decided to give them some more Daddy time before we cannot give it to them any more. We decided to go see daddy and enjoy his last 4 day week end TOGETHER! We all need a break and to be refreshed by family time! Now everyone is excited!

We fly out in 6 days! Now to start the planning and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment