Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Relief of a Phone Call

He finally called!!And that means prayers get answered.  His voice is so soothing now.  Just the way he says "Hey" and not hello or hi.  And the way he NEVER hangs up without saying "I love you." He had little to tell me, because of OPSEC.  But he is still in transit, not settled at his "home FOB" yet.  Right now he is still waiting in long lines to get 15 free minutes of phone time.  But once he finally gets where he is going we will be able to hear from him more. 

He wanted to know just generally what was going on. I told him some funny stories of things the kids did and about my allergy and ENT appointment.  I was so giddy to hear from him that I giggled and smiled ear to ear.  At one point he said "You sure do sound happy to hear from me."  It really made him happy to hear me happy and that is one of best things I can do for him.  Just be happy and handle life here, hold it together for him and those phone calls get me through.  He promised to call tomorrow!

Lord, father give me strength to be his home and his happiness.  Lord give him strength to get through this and bless him with safety.  Keep our children busy and happy and remind them of the love their Daddy has for them.  Thank you Lord, for it is only your doing, for getting him to Afghanistan safely and allowing us to talk to each other at all during this separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment