Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Daniel Fast

I have been considering what it is to pray, what it is means to ask God for something so big as keeping a man safe at war.  If God has decided it is Shawn's time, then what can I do ask God to change his mind? We pray so God knows our desires, our free will to ask him to help us in our lives.  I want my Lord to really know how much I want my husband home and safe as soon as possible.  I also want to see God's purpose in this deployment, in my life, and to bring me closer to Him.  So I have given up food in a pleasurable way.  I am fasting.  It is called the Daniel Fast, taken from the Bible, the book of Daniel.

 The fast is taken from different parts of the book at different times.  Only drinking water, only eating fresh foods from the earth (fruits and veggies) nuts and whole grains.  It is a very healthy and cleansing way to live.  Once you get past the cravings for sugar and caffeine you gain a very light feeling and everything you eat feels holy and blessed.  I am not eating to cure the depression of loneliness, I am eating to tell God I am dedicated to Him and bringing Shawn home.

I am not alone, I never am.  My mother is fasting with me! She is praying with me and she feels how hard this separation is for all us and it makes her sad too.  So she makes it easier on my by eating what I eat and not eating the things I wish I was :) Thank you Mommy, you make my life so much easier then I ever thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment